A balanced life



“You should work to live, not live to work”, might be an age old saying but very wise words nonetheless. I remind myself of this saying regularly to ensure my work never consumes me and so that I always find time to do the things I truly love and enjoy in life. 

I’m very dedicated when it comes to my work, I work hard and I take great pride in what I do. However, I always have one eye on when it is appropriate to switch off from work and concentrate on the ‘living’ part of my life. The things I really love to spend my downtime on can vary from spending time with family and friends, cooking, planning my next backpacking trip or simply having some ‘me time’ with a good book, some mood music and a milky latte. 

Although working all hours of the day can bring you professional success and recognition, and potentially untold riches, there’s a very good chance it won’t make you happy. Our time on this planet is short and we only get one chance at it – therefore, we need to find time to seek opportunities and grasp them when they are presented to us. 

I’m determined that in my latter years I will look back on my life with pride and most importantly, with no regrets.

Comments

Popular Posts