Travelling has made me who I am

From a very early age I have always loved and been eager to explore and learn new things. When I was a student, I worked part time to fund my travel plans and since then I have been lucky enough to have had opportunities to travel to all corners of the globe and I have loved every minute. 

I often travel solo which has allowed me to not only explore parts of the world but also parts of my inner spirituality and emotions. Going to unknown places and destinations quite often challenges me to learn how to rely on myself and make my own choices. Who I am today is largely down to what I have learnt from all my wonderful experiences whilst travelling. 

Through my travels, I have developed a real appreciation of the diversity of different cultures and mindsets, as well as new languages and ways of communicating, there are around the world. I make sure to embrace whatever surroundings I find myself in, including local traditions and cuisines. 

Travelling doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. In recent years I have backpacked and youth hostelled on a very limited budget. I’ve found that this has increased my confidence and developed my problem-solving skills. I’ve discovered that most problems and challenges can be overcome by having a positive attitude and a sense of humour – most things are never as bad as they first seem. The more scrapes I get myself into, and out of, the more capable I become. Doing it on a tight budget has given me an appreciation of the little things in life and some treasured memories. 

My forever quote is; “I am who I am. Not who you think I am

Comments

Popular Posts