Laughter therapy



There are no exceptions in so much as we all have good and bad times throughout the course of our lives. We all love the good times and quite often they can be uplifting and totally amazing. However, the bad times are much more difficult to deal with and, depending on the severity of them, can become all consuming. 

How we cope with, and come out the other side of, the bad times is different for everyone. When I’ve experienced bad times, I have to admit there have been occasions where I’ve felt sorry for myself, but I’ve learnt not to let these feelings last for long. I treat whatever it is I’m going through as a test that I need to get through before the good times return. I keep positive and see each situation as something that will make me stronger in the long term. 

Another technique of mine is to resist being miserable or angry for any great length of time – I just feel that such negativity will just drag me, and those around me, down. The sooner you can get back to normality, or a new type of normality, the sooner you can start seeking the return of the good times. Life is short and we simply can’t miss out on the abundance of opportunities and experiences out there just waiting for us all to go out and grab. 

I consider myself very lucky in that I’ve grown up in a very positive environment – I was always surrounded by a lot of love, fun and laughter and I feel blessed that this has been a recurring theme throughout my life so far.

Comments

Popular Posts