Livin’ la Vida Loca in Barcelona




The moment the plane touched down in Barcelona I just knew I was going to love the place. If, like me, you like to explore all corners of a city, I thoroughly recommend hiring a bike. Barcelona is relatively flat so you can cover a lot of ground with very little effort.
The Barcelona beaches are a must visit and only a short bike ride from the centre. The beach recommended to me was beautiful but I have to admit being initially shocked when, after locking my bike up, I looked up to realise that it was a nudist beach!
I’m no prude so, although I was initially shocked to see all that naked flesh on display, my reaction soon turned to amusement and then acceptance as I found a spot and settled myself down amongst them all.
Being on a beautiful beach reminded me of being home in Thailand. I would often meet friends at the weekend for some quality time together at the local beach and use the time to top up my already tanned skin.
There’s more to Barcelona than a group of beautiful beaches and I took great pleasure in sampling a lot of the locally caught seafood in some of the traditional tapas bars, all washed down with a glass or 2 of sangria.
Staying in Barcelona doesn’t have to be expensive either. I used Airbnb and found a delightful place just a few minutes walk from the centre, and only €60 per night.
Barcelona is definitely on my list of places I’ve visited that I look forward to visiting again one day. Maybe next time I’ll find some time to visit Camp Nou, home to FC Barcelona – people have told me they’re a half decent football team:-)

Comments

Popular Posts