Self-Teaching Fashion



I’ve loved fashion for as long as I can remember. As a little girl I spent many happy hours picking all sorts of different combinations of clothes to dress up in. I realised very early on that first impressions are very important and, rightly or wrongly, people will judge you on how you look. 
My passion was enhanced further when my opened a second hand clothes stall which allowed her, a few years later, to fund our own clothes retail shop where we would import clothes from Cambodia and sell them on to the public. This taught me many things not least that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to dress well and look amazing. 
Over the years I’ve developed my skills and knowledge mainly from self-learning. I read all the popular fashion magazines (e.g. Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle etc.) and I taught myself to sew by watching YouTube and then spending hours practicing what I’d learnt. To compliment what I’d taught myself, I have also taken a short sewing course and loved that time being in the company of some very creative people with the same passion as me. 
Amongst other things, being able to teach myself about all aspects of fashion has shown me what I’m capable of. If you have self-belief and you really want something enough, anything is possible.

Comments

Popular Posts