Scotland – Highlands Highlights



Most of us who planned to holiday abroad this year have experienced the disappointment of those plans being rescheduled, disrupted or outright cancelled. Personally, my plans to travel around Italy and France during July were cancelled but I was determined not to go without a holiday. 

 

Sometimes we under appreciate what is on our own doorstep. Many of us have turned our attentions to what the UK has to offer on the holiday front and the more you look into it, the more you appreciate what amazing opportunities there are on offer, regardless of what it is you’re after e.g. beeches, holiday parks, scenery, hiking etc. 

 

I spent some time backpacking around Edinburgh last year and immediately fell in love with Scotland and all it has to offer (especially the Scottish breakfasts; yum, yum!). After doing some research, and discovering I had some friends living in Inverness, I decided that the Scottish Highlands would be my holiday destination this year. 

 

If you like driving or hiking through stunning scenery, there really is nowhere better than the Scottish Highlands. Not only that, you have any number of lochs and beautiful beaches to relax by and, if you are feeling adventurous (like I was!), the challenge of climbing the tallest mountain in the UK (see my ‘Ben Nevis Challenge’ blog). 

 

In the year 2000, Inverness became a city, one of 6 created to mark the millennium. I loved the city and it served as a convenient base to explore the surrounding areas including the Cairngorms, the county of Sutherland and many others, all of which I will talk about in future blogs – so please stay tuned for more details.

Comments

Popular Posts