Keep Positive & Never Give Up

 


As an Asian who has only lived in the UK for 4 years, I’ve found that I’ve had to work extra hard to follow my dream of breaking into the fashion industry. 

I spent several years working many jobs, and setting up my beauty business, to save money for fashion college which I’m proud to say I started last month. However, this is just the start of more hard work to come. I’m a strong believer in a hard work ethic and I will not sit still to wait for opportunities to come to me. 

Last week I visited 6 local clothes retail shops to offer my services for free, in order to gain valuable work experience. 5 shops agreed to take my details and get back to me if anything cropped up (but I’ve yet to hear back). However, there was 1 shop where the owner took the time to talk to me and review my website www.gigglegrace1.com. I’m delighted to say that I was offered work experience in his high-end men’s clothing store and to be mentored by him in all aspects of his successful business. 

I started my internship at the weekend by sorting out the stock and learning about men’s brands. I’m very grateful for this opportunity and I am determined to work hard at it, learn as much as I can and gain some very valuable experience. 

I’ve still got a long way to go but I feel all the hard work I’ve put in whilst living in the UK is beginning to pay off. I hope people in a similar position to me can be inspired by my story in that hard work and determination will always pay off – keep positive and never give up.




Comments

Popular Posts