Love what you do






So many people get trapped into a life of working a job they can barely tolerate, or even hate. It’s an easy trap to fall into because we get blinkered by wanting a lifestyle that will afford us luxuries such as a nice place to live, foreign holidays or the latest smart phone etc. However, not being happy at work rapidly spreads to all other aspects of your life, and results in overall unhappiness where those luxuries being sought are no longer important because they simply cannot be enjoyed.  

 

I firmly believe that being happy at work and loving what you do is an overall productivity booster and enhances performance. People who enjoy their jobs are more likely to be optimistic, motivated, learn faster, make fewer mistakes, and better business decisions. These thoughts gave me the determination to follow my dreams. 

 

Following your dream is never going to be straightforward and it certainly wasn’t for me. However, my determination and hard work has got me to where I am today, and I absolutely love what I do. It’s still hard work and lots of hours, but it doesn’t feel like it, especially when you get to network with some genuinely lovely and talented individuals who have a mutual respect for your efforts. 

 

The amazing side effect of being happy at work is that it transcends to all other aspects of your life. My life has evolved in so much as I am surrounded by love, laughter, and special friendships – my appreciation of all these things far outweighs any pleasure I could ever derive from anything materialistic.

Comments

Popular Posts