The Art of Stress Relief



After a busy day, or during stressful periods, it’s important to find a way that works for you personally to switch off and wind down.

Drawing is a form of stress relief for me and great therapy if the mood setting is right. I escape to my office, lower the lights and put on some meditation sounds, or an inspiring podcast, and then I’m ready to create some new and imaginative fashion designs.

Imagination is important when creating new designs. I visualise an outfit that will look good on me, will feel comfortable and reflect my personality – a design then comes into my mind and I sketch it down whilst it’s still fresh in my memory. My designs can vary dramatically from very conservative right up to daringly sexy – it will be my mood at the time that dictates what comes out on the paper.

Bringing my designs to life is very rewarding. Looking and feeling good does not have to be expensive if you know how to mix and match garments and colours and understand what suits your personal body style.

One of my favourite quotes in this regard is; “Attitude, knowledge and skills are the best foundation of real beauty.”

Comments

Popular Posts